Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, November 15, 2013

Mini-Mittens


I found the cutest little mittens pattern from RedHeart.  I modified it slightly to use the yarns I had on hand.   These were knitted flat and came out rather cute.  They were quick to make and a fabuluos use of left over scrapts of yarn - primarily DK and worsted weight yarns.    Nice and simple on two straight needles.  

Here's what the mitten looks like BEFORE stitching it together:




My only complaint is the it's pretty time consuming to stitch up.  In fact, I found that it took me nearly as long to stitch up the sides and thumb as it did to knit the mitten itself!   I also was not that thrilled with the bulkiness of the seams.  I love the basic pattern, but I'll definitely make some changes before I knit any more of these.  

I completed 5 pairs of these mittens for this holiday season....

 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home