Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, October 26, 2013

Catskill Rose


Later in the week, after our return to the Saugerties/Woodstock area, we  stayed at Catskill Rose in Mt. Tremper - a lovely Bed and Breakfast and fabulous restaurant.   I swear I gained 10 lbs!   The inn is nestled in the foothills....and you can see the mountains just down the road.   The creek runs along the road on the opposite side of the street.   A very pleasant and relaxing venue.

The rooms here are lovely...and include a kitchen area with a counter, coffee pot, microwave, and fridge as well as napkins, plates, bowls, mugs, and silverware.  The fridge is stocked with wonderful home made scones, butter, and some milk (if needed).    The table had a lovely bowl of local apples.   There is ample space for relaxing....at the table or on the king sized bed.   (Sorry....I totally forgot to take pictures this time!)

Every evening, we'd wander over to the attached restaurant (open Thursday through Sunday) and had fabulous gourmet dinners.   The food is so incredibly good that we ALWAYS had to order an appetizer, main entree AND a dessert!   We didn't want to miss a thing!    I had salmon one evening and smoked duck with cherries another night.   The food was incredible!   I highly recommend this restaurant and inn if you're ever in the area!   Fine dining at it's best - no rush....relaxed atmosphere...icredible attention to detail!

To unwind from a day of walks and site seeing, we looked forward to relaxing in our room.   TV, books on tape, internet, or crafting (spinning/knitting) were how we relaxed.     No time constraints....no worries.   If only I could hold onto this feeling!



I managed to get some spinning in while I was there as well.   I spun up my pink batt of art yarn in the colorway, "My Little Day of the Dead Pony".   Seems appropriate to spin since it's October and the "Day of the Dead" is just around the corner!

I love the colorway - the pinks and purples are one of my favorites.   I have no idea what I'll do with the yarn - there's only 90 yards.   I could always make a nice pair of fingerless gloves!







0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home