Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Spinning in Cooperstown




We're staying at a lovely Bed and Breakfast in Cooperstown, NY for a few days.   The entire house was done in antiques.  It is beautiful!   The B&B is called, "The Rose and Thistle".   And the food was absolutely fabulous!  Breakfasts were so hearty that we weren't hungry until mid afternoon!






Our bathroom was huge - it was the one with a clawfoot tub (a personal favorite of mine....).   I love all the antique and frilly touches - the stained glass window above the commode...





...the flowers cart and plants next to the tub...











 



 ...and the utility stand next to the sink.







Our bedroom was quite pretty as well - lots of antiques and decorative touches.  The time and care that went into decorating the rooms was well worth it!






 If you look closely, you can see my drop spindle on the dressing table....












The wrap around porch looked so inviting!  Unfortunately, we hit a cold snap when we were up there, so we really didn't take advantage of the wrap around porch at all!
















While staying here, I managed to finish spinning the teal-blue Romney that I'd started earlier this week when I was staying in Kingston for the NY Sheep and Wool Festival.    The wool I spun was the wool I won as a prize from the "Tour de Fleece" this past summer.  It's luscious Romney from Solitude Wool. I love the color!

I spun the yarn on my Lendrum and then produced a two-ply yarn - somewhere between a DK and sport weight.   My spinning produced two skeins - one is 162 yds. and the other 100 yards...for a total of 262 yards.   I'm not sure what I'll make from this yarn, but  definitely have a lot of choices.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home