Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Felted (Fulled) Yarn Bowl


I started by knitting the yarn bowl using two colors of KnitPicks Wool of the Andes - Fairy Tale (magenta) and Avocado (green).....or was it Pea Pod?   I can't remember.   Of course, the ball bands just have the numbers of the color, not the name....and I'm too lazy to look for them and look it up.  I ran two threads together to make a bulky yarn.

The knitted "bowl" isn't quite as large as I thought it would be.   The pattern I used was "Felted Basket" by Laura Bosch.   I liked the use of the thick and thin lines.   It was a simple pattern - perfect for someone wanting to try knitting in the round and/or changing colors.    



And the felted (fulled) result - I really like how this turned out.  I just wish it were a little bigger.


 In addition to the knitting and fulling, I managed to spin some blue and green yarn - which reminds me of "Summer Seas".   It was another Art Batt....full of a variety of wools and interesting fibers.   It yielded a two-ply skein of 130 yards....weighing in at a full 2 ounces.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home