Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, October 10, 2013

Hooking a Tree


At one of our recent Goose Creek Ruggers meeting, Jeanette showed us the fabulout 3-D Christmas tree she'd hooked.   We all LOVED it!   She graciously drew out the design for us to trace and has given us a tutorial on hooking the tree.

Jeanette brought in her finished tree and showed us the finer points of finishing our trees:
  • Connecting the sides via simple stitching
  • Mitering the top (peak) to avoid too much bulk
  • Attaching the tree skirt.








One of my fellow hookers made a very elegant and frilly tree.   It's just gorgeous.   I wish I'd taken better pictures!  She used strands of "pearls" with ribbons as a garland around it. 










My friend Deb made this awesome tree....with little skulls!   I've included a closeup so you can see the little skulls that are peppered throughout the tree (double-click on the photo on the right for a closer look).  I love this!














 We were supposed to have our  trees "hooked" by this month's meeting.   Then we could concentrate on finishing.   However, as you can see, I didn't get anything done on mine!   I did get some hooking done just before and during the meeting, but I'm woefully behind!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home