Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Spinning - Blue Faced Leicester


I finally finished spinning the wool I'd started in Illinois - some Blue Faced Leicester wool from the "Fiberists".  It's a gorgeous turqouise blue that was hand-dyed over a two-toned blend of natural wool.  The light and dark of the underlying wool gives the color some depth and really makes it come alive.


There's a small skein of 46 yards and a larger skein of 224 yards.   Both skeins are two-ply and the total weight spun was approximated 4 oz.   I had spun 4 oz. of this same color this past year as well, so I have a pretty good amount to work with.   I can make several smaller projects - fingerless mitts and a scarf, a headband and scarf, a hat-mittens-cowl combination.....or a nice shawlette.   Now, if I can just remember where I put that other skein....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home