Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Shenandoah Fall Fiber Festival


This is another favorite festival in the fall - always a great time!  Wonder vendors and fabulous food (especially the Boy Scouts with their cobblers - mmmmm!!!!!!)



This festival has classes, things for the kids to do, sheep dog trials, and tons of vendors for wool, yarn, felt, rug hooking supplies, honey, wine....you name it!    This year, there was even face painting!







And I found a neck kerchief (shawlette) that's just gorgeous - I love the colors and the pattern of this one!
It's definitely going on my "to do" list!





It's a good sized festival with a nice variety of things to do set in Berryville....a beautiful drive in the Fall!







I volunteered at the Blue Ridge Spinners and Weavers Guild's booth.   I love looking at all the fabulous creations...from woven to knitted to felted.   Every one....a piece of art!

 



I even managed to catch some sheep "jumping" as they were herded by their sheep dogs!  I've never seen that in real life before...only in the movies!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home