Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Bedsocks for Mom


I got busy and have knittted my mom a pair of bed socks....the first pair for her this year.   She can't stand sleeping with store bought socks, so this is the special treat that I make for her every year.


I'm going to try to make yet another pair for her....it's very cold in the winter where she lives, so she REALLY loves wool bedssocks!  I always use this same pattern, "Fireside Socks" by Joan Gooth-Buchanan.  I typically use "Icelandic" yarn - nice and lofty...keeping my mom toasty warm!

PS - Yikes!   I just heard from mom.....and she said they're a bit too long!   I think I went a bit overboard on the length of these!   I told her to just pull them up higher....baggy heels don't really matter.  Now I definitely need to make another pair.....slightly shorter this time!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home