Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, July 05, 2014

Christmas in July....as well as an Extended Birthday Celebration!


Wow!   I got a “treasure chest” of goodies from my friend Elizabeth (she shares my love of purple, just in case you didn’t pick up on that – LOL!)  These goodies were my presents for both Christmas and my birthday.  Yes….it's literally Christmas in July.  Some years we actually manage to get together within a month of Christmas.   This year, it took just over 6 months!   And in the meantime, we both had birthdays as well!

Anyhow, I received a bunch of wonderful gifts....


  • A great tote bag (aka “treasure chest”) for transporting my numerous WIPS – in purple of course....with stripes and polka-dots!  The bag has some great outside pockets for organizing things!  (She hid all the other goodies inside the bag!)
  • Sheepie Jams (so comfy!)
  • Sheepie socks
  • 2 containers for reigning in my stitch-markers and other crafting goodies so they don’t get lost in the bottom of my bag.
  • Purple wool/silk/Mohair fiber for spinning…..the Mohair is from a named goat – Snapdragon.  How cool is that!
  • A rigid heddle book (always helpful to have a good reference book!)
  • Some purple sock yarn 
  • Some cool pom-pom yarn to make a funky scarf

I guess I’d better get busy – I’ve got LOTS of projects to work on! 

Thanks Elizabeth!

(Now if I can only find the box with her Christmas and Birthday…..it’s somewhere buried in all the craft bins and boxes from the move.   I don’t think I’ll ever get out from under all of the unpacking I have yet to do!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home