Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Baaaaabs!

IMG_4926

Today, I took the most awesome class and learned how to needle-felt a sheep! It was a lot of fun.   The class was offered through one of the Spinning and Weaving Guilds I belong to – Blue Ridge Spinners and Weavers.

 

 

IMG_4929

 

The class was  taught by Dina, one of our members.  She has created some of the cutest sheep – and they sell like hot cakes at the fiber festivals.  I’ve been wanting to learn how to make one of these forever!

 

 

 

IMG_4933

 

I was just amazed at how I could go from the raw wool and dyed locks….

 

 

 

IMG_4940

 

 

To creating the various felted parts of my sheep…

 

 

naked_sheep

 

 

To a “naked sheep”…

 

 

 

IMG_4947

 

 

To the slightly fuzzed sheep…

 

 

 

And finally, to my finished ewe…..”Baaaaabs” (we had to name our sheep, and “Baaaaabs” immediately leapt into my brain!)  I LOVE how she turned out!!!

baaaaabs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home