Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Rest in Peace My Loyal Companion!

Sandy……August 3, 2000 – January 8, 2013

IMG_3803

Sandy…you’ve definitely been a loyal and loving companion…I already miss you terribly!   You were so loving and bright.  You magically seemed to know which stuffed animals were yours….and which were mine!   I have so many happy memories with you…and I’m so thankful that you went peacefully and without pain.  God bless you sweetie!

 

IMG_5955

very_cuteS6004837

 

 

 

 

 

 

I cherish our long walks together….checking out the flora and the fauna.   I’ll always remember how you taught me to “stop and smell the roses”.  I remember how you never waivered in your “stare downs” with the “fierce wild rabbits”…..  

smelling_the_roses_S6004838 IMG_3950

 

 

 

 

 

 

Oh, my…the crazy positions would could put yourself in….and seem to be comfortable!   Especially, when all folded up and/or curled up…taking up little or no room.   Or perhaps stacking yourself so you’re “all legs”….how could that be comfortable???

 S6003076 S6003075

 

 

 

 

 

You LOVED hanging out on the deck with me…..from that vantage point, you could see the neighborhood…and check out everyone that walked by.  One of your favorite things about going out on the deck was being “raked” during the shedding season.   You’d get SOOO incredibly excited about going out on the deck and having your fur brushed!  You were always such a happy and loving dog…..so eager to please!

 

sandy_lying_down sandy_facing_me

 

 

 

 

 

 

so_this_is_what_hail_smells_like S6000827 The hailstorm of 2007 really threw you for a loop!   You loved the deck…and loved snow.   But what’s up with all these ice balls……in JUNE!!!!!  (Hmmmm….so this is what hail smells like?)

 

 

loom_and_doggie

S6000418You were always curious and supportive of my various crafting adventures…whether it was the acquisition of a new loom or a purchase of a fleece…straight from the farm.   You were always there as my never-tiring “Guardian of the Wool”.  Now you’re busy preparing a space for me…and my wool…for sometime in the future.   (Hopefully you’ll round up a few sheep and alpacas to keep me well supplied in yarn and fiber!   After all, you are part Shepherd!)

 

S6000420

 

IMG_2083 How you LOVED your treats!   I remember how excited you were when one of my knitting swap packages came…and the main contents were for you!   You liked your chops in anticipation. 

 

 

snack-time IMG_2092 Of course, you gobbled down every last bit of all the treats! Not all at once, of course!  After all, that’s how you kept your girlish figure!

 

DSCN1175

 

And I remember our special times together at the holidays….where you seemed almost human in the way you’d pose.   Especially when you had the “Now let me tell you something!” pose with your “arm” extended out onto my chest….

 

 

 

DSCN1186

DSCN1183

 

 

 

 

 

 

You had a lot of fun with all your “doggie friends”….like your boyfriend Rooney…..and your buddies Snoopy, Dash, Sophie, Noel, Titus, Triton, Lacey, Honey, Bandit, Cozy, Luke, Millie, Roxie, Isis, Mandy, Rockie, Oliver, Clancy, Luna, Rosie, Kylie, Popeye, Dusty, Ivan, Ben, and Jerry…..and more that I’m sure I’m forgetting!  Several of your buddies have been waiting for you – and I know you’ll be so happy to see them again - Lexi, Rusty, Cujo, Rain, Bonnie, Mosby, Prince, Gooch, Meg, Mandy L., and Thunder.   Of course, Biscuit, who graced us with her presence before you joined the family, will be there to welcome you to the fold.  

Oh how you LOVED the snow!  Especially during some of our record snowfalls – that included Snowpacolypse and Snowmageddon of December 2009 and early 2010!   Must be the Huskie in you that loved to walk while the snow was falling….and climb snow banks to play “King of the Hill”. 

I’ll always remember you as the doggie that loved the snow….romping around in it and walking in it….and even tasting it.   I miss you Sandy!

 

Sandy_in_snow_licking_nose

1 Comments:

  • At 5:08 AM, Blogger Rebecca said…

    oh jinann im so sorry for your loss. your tribute to sandy is wonderfully touching. such a pretty dog and she seemed sowsweet and loyal. hugs during this difficult time. rebeccawip

     

Post a Comment

<< Home