Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!   It’s hard to believe that another year has “bitten the dust”, but as we all know, time definitely marches on!

We started the New Year with a nice hearty and healthy breakfast.  There’s nothing like a nice variety of fresh berries to start your day…blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries.   Mmmmmm!

 berries

Of course, the berries are just part of a nice hearty breakfast to start both the day AND the year off right!   Norwegian salmon with capers on a bed of onion and chive cream cheese gracing the top of Asiago cheese bagels, a festively decorated egg, and of course, the Mimosa…using the left-over Champagne from the midnight toast.   I don’t think it gets any better than this!

new_years_breakfast

Oh, yeah….there’s also the bit about resolutions….so here we go with mine:

  • Finish up my WIPs – specifically, the grey cardigan, “Dark and Stormy”, the reddish cardigan - “The Weekend Sweater”, and the beaded shrug – currently half done – from the kit from “Just Our Yarns”. 
  • Keep to my diet and exercise plan.  (I know….that’s one of the perennial resolutions, but I use this day to remind me that I really need to commit to it to make it work!)
  • Plan 2 hrs. of organizing everyday – whether it’s a room, closet, a pile of papers, mail, or my yarn/fiber stash.   Chipping away a little at a time is the best way to do it.
  • Yoga every day – at least 10 minutes per day.  This is definitely a requirement….need to keep these old bones as healthy as possible!
  • Plan 2 hrs. of enjoyment everyday – knitting, movies, enjoying a TV show, dinner out with DH or a friend, a play, or whatever is relaxing and enjoyable.   Just a reminder that we all need to stop and smell the roses!
  • Keep my blog up to date!  No more “months behind” on posts!!!

I could go on and on…but I think I’ll limit it to these 6 main ones this year – these will make me happier, healthier, and more organized!   Everything else should just fall in place!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home