Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Knitting Progress

Lots of knitting was done this past month….

court_jester_inspired_scarf In addition to the Flounce scarf I made for my friend Cathy, I also finished a couple of other fashion scarves using the mesh yarn.  The bright green one is extra long and I only cast on 6 stitches for that one.   For the second one (blues and purple), I did the traditional 8 stitches, so it’s a bit fuller and shorter.   I love them both for different reasons.  Both of these scarves used the yarn, “Chrysalis” from Yarn Bee.

weightless_scarf

 

I also knit up a very light weight scarf using mohair “Ty-Dy Superkid” from Knit One Crochet Too  - a luscious yarn in purples and reds.  I just did the basic feather and fan pattern with about 6 rows on each end for a selvedge and 3 stitches on either side for the border.  It’s so light weight, you don’t even notice you’re wearing it!

 

 

christmas_cowl My next project was a snowflake cowl using the pattern from the Interweave Knits Holiday magazine – the “Snowflake Cowl” by Celeste Young.  It was a fun knit, though I think I still knit a bit tight when I work on Fair Isle projects…especially when knit in the round.  I used Paton’s Natural Wool for this one.

 

owl_study_mitts_on_right_hand My final knitting project this month was a pair of “Owl Study Gloves” by Meghan Bosanko for my swap partner in the UK.   These were a fun knit…and I used the ever-so-soft Plymouth Baby Alpaca Grande.  It takes under a full skein to make these and they’re just luscious!  They feel incredibly awesome on the hands!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home