Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Natural Beauty

 

I’ve finally broken down and subscribed to yet another magazine….”Create and Decorate”.   It has lots of lovely projects – and always a rug hooking project or two.   I’ve tried to only buy it occasionally when there was something really compelling, but JoAnn Fabrics doesn’t seem to carry it all the time – so, I was forced to subscribe.   On the positive side, the “net outlay” of cash is about even for me based on the few I’d purchased…and the bonus is that I’m getting a few more magazines per year for the same price. 

Contributing to my “need” for the magazine were the many projects that others in my rug hooking guild have worked on and brought for show-and-tell.   Jen had made this pumpkin from a pattern in one of the latest editions of “Create and Decorate”.  I think “Jack” is adorable!

 

IMG_0288

Monday’s evening sky was quite beautiful….producing orange tones as well as pinks and purples as the sun slowly slipped beneath the horizon.

 

IMG_4088 IMG_4089 

 

 

 

 

 

My favorite rose bush seems to have produced the “last rose of summer”…..shown in its full glory below. 

 

IMG_4097

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home