Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, August 12, 2012

The Hook-In at Yellow Spring

The annual “Hook-In” at Yellow Spring was fabulous!   So many inspiring projects…..and the food was fabulous as always.   This is one of my favorite events.  (Second only to my guild’s hook-in in January….a little something to brighten the winter!)

IMG_3924There were lots of vendors there as well.  Of course, I bought the canvases for several new sheepie projects from Jerry….and some fabulous wool too!   I just started a very small Christmas project, and should be able to complete it by Christmas.  I’m planning to start one of my “Sheep-scapes’ next…and got most of my wools coordinated for the project.  All I have left is some dark blue/navy to either purchase or dye.  

 

IMG_3925

IMG_3931

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3932

IMG_3933

 

 

 

 

 

 

I was able to get small samples of several different color groupings – perfect for little details – from a vendor that just finished using them for a dyeing book.

IMG_3927IMG_3928This year’s featured project was the trees design.  I’m always amazed at how different everyone’s project can be….even when starting with the exact same pattern.  

 

 

 

IMG_3926

IMG_3930

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3934

 

There were a number of very lovely projects – definitely getting my creative juices flowing!!!!   Oh….and one of the guilds very generously gifted me with a large bag of wool.   They wanted it to go to a relatively new hooker - What a fabulous treat!

 

 

 

When I got home from the Hook-In, I took Sandy for a nice long walk (definitely a needed treat after I’d been sitting all day!).   We found some of my favorite thistles.   I have no idea why I like thistles so much….perhaps it’s because most of them are purple?   I find them very beautiful and artistic.  

IMG_3941

IMG_3943

 

 

 

 

 

 

IMG_3947Sandy, on the other hand, is more intrigued by the critters we happen upon during our walks.   Like this very daring little bunny we found up next to the house.   I believe we’re having a bit of a stare-down here….neither one wants to “give in”.   I’m not sure what Sandy would do if she actually caught one of these rabbits…..and I’m not sure how the rabbit would react either! (Hopefully, I’ll never find out!)

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home