Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, June 29, 2012

Knitting, Crocheting and Spinning Progress

Although it’s been a pretty busy month – lots of festivals and road trips – I still managed to get some crafting done!

First, I finished spinning the gorgeous “Neopolitan Ice Cream” roving that I’d started spinning at the Manning’s Spinning Day earlier this month.  I just love how it turned out!   It produced a lovely 292 yard two-ply skein.   I love how the colors mingle together….it looks good enough to eat!!

yarn_finished_18s_292p_wpi_12_Sport yarn_roving_colors

 

 

 

 

 

I designed a coaster set complete with a little bowl-like holder.  These were crocheted and then fulled.   I love how the coaster turned out, but I was a bit disappointed that the “container” didn’t felt down a bit smaller.   Oh, well…it still serves the purposed intended, so it’s not a total loss!

venus_stored venus_all

 

 

 

 

 

venus_transit The inspiration for the coaster and the container was the “Venus Transit”.  Unfortunately, we were totally clouded in when that event occurred, but luckily, my daughter caught it on camera using a pin-hole projector (photo on right).  Lucky girl– it was a cloud free day where she lives so she got to witness this first hand!!!  (Note that in my “container” above, I have a dark spot at the same location as her photo….)

hat_best I also completed a quick little child’s/infant’s hat for charity.  I had a lot of fun playing with this one…making it look like a bumble bee and then crafting a pompom for the center top of the hat.   I love bright colors…especially for kids clothing – it’s so cheerful!   It made in 100% acrylic so it’s machine washable/dryable – which is usually the requirement for charitable donations.  (I prefer natural fibers, but, I have to follow the rules when it’s for someone else, right?)

maple_leaf_dish_cloth My final project was this cute maple leaf dish rag.   I found the pattern on the web, but it was done in bright red – like the maple leaf on the Canadian flag.   I prefer blue – a nice soothing color – perfect for a relaxing bath.  I decided I’d make mine in that color instead…even though the red one was quite striking…and I’ve yet to see a blue maple leaf!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home