Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

Nature’s Beauty

bird_in_rafters_of_deckThe best thing about Spring is the variety of local flora and fauna.....I just love it!   This "mama bird" is nesting below our deck.    Everytime I go out the back door, she "chastises" me for disturbing her!!! 

 

young_buck_resting_better

 

This little guy was nestled in the brush next to the path…watching carefully for “intruders”.   He didn’t even flinch as my dog and I walked by.

 

 

calla_lily_2calla_lily_3

 

One of my favorite flowers is the Calla Lily.  I love its simple elegance!    (Evidently the little bee is fond of this flower as well!)

  

 

I almost missed capturing a photo of the dogwood blossoms!   It was a bit too close to the end of the “blooming season”!  Of course, there’s always lots of lovely Stargazers – another favorite flower.  Hmmmm….seems like I have an over abundance of favorites!

dogwood stargazzers

turtle_1About half way through my walk, I discovered this rather slow moving fellow.   He too was taking advantage of the warm path and was taking a stroll.    Amazingly, he had totally disappeared when returned to that same location just a few minutes later. 

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home