Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, April 30, 2012

Project Progress – Big and Small

sweater_backsweater_frontI’ve completed a few projects…and made some great head way on the larger one, my “Dark and Stormy” cardigan.   I don’t think it will be finished by the end of the month to meet my Nerd Wars dissertation deadline, but I’ve made it to the halfway point – wahoo!  The front of the sweater is on the left……the back is  on the right.   I’m ready to do the bottom ribbing as well as the button bands.   Then, all that’s left to do are the sleeves!

Earlier this month, I finished spinning the gorgeous green yarn in the the “Green Mile” color way.  I finally have it off the bobbins….it’s gorgeous!   I love the sheen.  The fiber is corriedale – it has a beautiful sheen.   Carola (the dye mistress) did a fabulous job…the depth and complexity of the color is fabulous!  I’m calling it, “Midsummer Night’s Dream”.

green_258_yd_skein_14_wpi

green_skein_on_niddy_noddy

 

 

 

 

 

 

amulet_1

 

 

I completed an amulet bag as part of an exchange.   It incorporated both beads and wool yarn.   I’m hiding some goodies inside for my swap partner….I hope she likes it!

 

 

 

socks_finished_2 My “Night Sky” socks are FINALLY finished!   I started these way back in March….and it took me to the end of April to finish them.   Of course, they’re in one of my favorite colors….purple!   The weather is getting a bit warmer, so I think I’ll have to wait until the fall to try these out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home