Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Home Spun Yarn Party

March 25 was the "Home Spun Yarn Party" - an annual event that I love!   It's held at the Savage Mill in Maryland.   It's quite the appropriate location as it was originally a textile mill in the 19th century.






Each section of the mill had a purpose, so they were appropriately name after the following: sorting, carding, spinning, weaving. It'd now a shopping mall full of eclectic shops, restaurants, and an antique mall.



My friend, Lisa, and I usually hit the Ram's Head Tavern for "Annapolis Benedict" - basically "Eggs Benedict" with crab cakes instead of Canadian Bacon. It's delicious! The presentation usually includes an edible orchid, but this year, they had run out, so I had an unadorned plate. Ah, well....it tasted the same - absolutely delicious!!!


The yarn party is a relatively small venue that's big on indie dyers - something most spinners, weavers, knitters, and crocheter love! Supporting the independent dyer helps stimulate the economy, keeps things local, and provides a fabulous palette of fibers, yarns, and colors so we can all stimulate our artistic side and craft some fabulous one-of-a-kind creations! (Ahem....this is my justification for over-spending....I just couldn't help myself!!!!)









As you can see, it's pretty crowded as well.   One thing I really like (besides all the indie dyers) is that you get to be inspired by the purchases of the other attendees...as well as by some of the wonderful creations they're wearing!






And now for some natural "eye candy" - beautiful tulips....discovered while walking my dog once I got home from the yarn party.






And my personal favorite, the Red Bud tree in full bloom.   I just love this tree!   I wish they looked this way year round instead for such a short time in the Spring!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home