Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Bookmarks!

.

This past week, I knitted a couple of bookmarks for a swap. They were a lot of fun...and are a great way to use up left over yarn...or try out lace patterns!




The green bookmark use "Sage" colored Jaggerspun Zephyr (50% merino/50% silk). I used the "Diamond Lace Bookmark" pattern by Sivia Harding. I LOVE how this one turned out! I think the tassel and the beads really set this pattern apart from many others.

The second bookmark was made with crochet cotton. I always have crochet cotton laying around! I use it for "life-lines" in lace knitting, for practicing tatting, for binding hand spun yarn, and for attempting to crochet doilies - emphasis on the "attempt"!!! The pattern I used for this bookmark was the "Lace Heart Bookmark" by Darilyn Page. I loved the crochet picots she put around the edges, but I just couldn't make that work right for me, so I left it off.

Tonight, I managed to capture a few photos of a beautiful sunset. It was amazing how the sky seemed to brighten as the sun sank lower and lower. The clouds were illuminated by the suns last rays...then finally, the sun was low enough that darkness began to take over.










1 Comments:

  • At 1:19 AM, Anonymous Coupons said…

    Knitting with photography, it reveals you have got the skills of multitasking.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home