Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, February 01, 2012

First Skein of Miss Babs Complete!

.
I finally finished my first skein of Miss Babs roving in the "Iris" colorway. It's a blend of Merino and silk...or is it BFL and silk? Darn it...I need to find my tag. Either way, it's absolutely luscious! The silk gives the wool a lovely sheen and the resulting yarn is VERY soft.




This very full bobbin made a lovely skein of approximately 840 yards!!!






I have several 4 oz. bundles of her roving, so I'm planning to spin it all for a larger project....perhaps a sweater? I'll probably have to double it as I've spun it so thin!


Recipe Idea....Mmmmmm!

Oh...I forgot to mention the great recipe idea I got at the Lancaster retreat: Grilled Cheese Croutons! The chef got the idea during the summer camp season. The camp where the retreat is held at is a summer camp for kids. When they have grilled cheese sandwiches, there are typically a number of left over sandwiches. Rather than letting them go to waste, the chef makes croutons from them! What a great idea! (They're DELICIOUS!!!!) Hats off to the chef for this great "take-away idea"!

Grilled Cheese Croutons
  1. Cut up left over grilled cheese sandwiches into cubes and place in bowl
  2. Sprinkle with garlic powder and paprika
  3. Toss until well coated with the spices
  4. Lay "croutons" out on a cookie tray and bake in the oven at 350 for a few minutes (until they crisp up a bit)
  5. Voila! Tasty home made croutons!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home