Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, March 05, 2012

Knitting Progress


I managed to get a bit of knitting in just before my unplanned trip to Illinois that I didn't get a chance to write about before I left.

I designed and knitted a felted pouch for holding stationery.   I made a loop closure that is secured by slipping a letter opener through the set of loops.  It was a lot of fun to make, and relatively low stress since it didn't require gauge swatches or precise sizes.  I think it's a great way organize some random cards and envelopes.



The last fun thing I did prior to leaving for Illinois was to get together with a bunch of friends at our Sunday afternoon knitting group.   Elizabeth and I met early to do our Christmas gift exchange - a little late, but we prefer to do it in person over lunch, so most years, we have to wait a while for our exchange.    I continued working on my tea cozy....it's no where near done!    The felting is done, but it's the embelishment that will take forever!

Elizabeth has been busily creating a number of adorable preemie caps...aren't they the cutest things you're ever seen?








Then, off I went to Illinois.  Of course, I brought a lot of knitting and spinning with me - I KNEW I'd need distractions!   The addiction to the lacy scarves continues.  I made two more of these fun scarves while in Illinois.  They were the perfect perfect therapy....mindless knitting.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home