Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Knitting Progress

In addition to the spinning and crafting I’ve done this past month, I completed a couple of smaller projects and finished a continued work-in-progress.

IMG_4061As always, I have a pair of socks still in progress.  I think that’s a perpetual project for me.   Once I finish a pair, I immediately start another pair.  This month, I actually managed to finish a pair.  The yarn has a bit of metallic thread through it, so these socks have a bit of a nice shine.   Plus, you’ve gotta love the colors!

IMG_4058I finished yet another mesh scarf, so now the one I finished at the retreat has a “buddy”.   These are so much fun to make….and they’re so versatile.  Always available to “add a splash of color” wherever it’s needed!  

I’ve included a close-up of each below to show off the richness of the colors (in the blue one) and to show the detail of the edges of the “English Garden” one.

 

closeup_blue_scarf

closeup_flowery_scarf

 

 

 

 

 

 

wine_bag_best

 

For my latest project, I finished knitting a wine bottle cozy.  It was an easy pattern.   However, I’m not really fond of how it turned out.   The bottom was a bit lumpy which made it a bit unsteady, which isn’t very practical.     

 

 

IMG_4078

 

Of course, I have to get in one last photo.  Yes…you guessed it!   Another thistle photo.   I love the contrast in this one – you can really see the spiny stalk and leaves in this photo…as well as the fascinating construct of the thistle itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home