Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, July 02, 2011

Tour de Fleece

I joined the Peace Weavers and Solitude Team for the Tour de Fleece. Today was Day 1...and I was off and running....or should I say Spinning? I FINALLY finished spinning and plying the last skein of the bluish-green mohair. I didn't think I'd EVER get done! I have about 670 grams total!












I started working on the red combed Targhee that I'd purchased at Uniquities. It will be the yarn for the "Holden Shawl". The spun yarn and the "Holden Shawl" comprise my dissertation for the latest round of Nerd Wars.


As a first day bonus, I spun in two states! The second state was Maryland where I managed to get in some drop spindle spinning at the Dogfish Head Ale House in Gaithersburg. (DH tried to pretend he didn't know me....LOL!)

I'm off to a great start!!!

As usual, my daily dog walk provided a wealth of natural beauty. My neighbor's Calla Lilies are finally blooming! I love the simple elegance of the flower. Check out this gorgeous lavender one! I have no idea what type of flower the yellow and red one is, but it too is absolutely gorgeous!


When I arrived back home, I started a young deer that was grazing on leaves just behind my house. She felt very safe and secure nestled in amongst all the greener and didn't even try to run away. It seems that we have many more deer in the neighborhood this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home