Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Dish Cloths

.
I made a couple of dish cloths and some stich markers as part of a swap. The recipient was in the UK. I thought I'd go with some summery colors and tried out a couple of patterns that I'd been wanting to try for a while now.


Both dish cloths were made with Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn. The orange cloth was done using a pattern called the "Cluster Stitch Dish Cloth". I was quite easy...and I really like the overall effect. I'm definitely making this one again.



The second dish cloth made use of a pattern called the "Starfish Cloth" from SewFunky. The second cloth made use of short rows to form the legs of a starfish. I think the bright yellow was the perfect color for this one!




I decided to make the stitch markers from a blue and clear Swarovski crystals as it reminds me of the deep blue water and the sparkling beaches of the ocean. I'm getting much more consistent on my wraps. (Thankfully, I AM seeing some improvement from the first stitch markers I made!!!!)




Oh...and here's the funny for the day...it made me chuckle. (No offense intended toward my Vegetarian friends....just enjoy the humor of the statement.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home