Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, June 01, 2011

Blankie - Completed!

.
I finally finished the blanket for Deb's first grand baby! Actually, I finished this a couple of days ago. It's the "Christening Blanket" pattern from Louet and I used Dale of Norway Baby Ull for the yarn. I still need to wash it and block it. Hopefully, I'll get that done this coming weekend so I can send it off to Illinois!










At spinning group on Tuesday, there was a visitor from Arizona - she's a new spinner and going through "withdrawal", so she borrowed a wheel from Alice and joined us for the evening.



Jo brought her latest project on the loom - a nice hound's tooth weave on the rigid heddle. I LOVE the colors! I also learned how to use the pick-up sticks - I'd always wondered how to "make" the rigid heddle do more complex weaves!




Next, I need to concentrate on my projects for the next round of "Nerd Wars" on Ravelry! Tournament 2 started today!!!! I have no idea what my dissertation will be, but I'm sure I'll come up with something! This time, I'm on "Team Bite Me"...for enthusiasts of Vampire shows - in my case, it's "True Blood". (The last round, I was on "Team Bazinga" for fans of "The Big Bang Theory"....but since the season ended, I decided to switch teams as "True Blood" starts it's new season at the end of the month!)

I've only decided on one project for the first round of the tournament. I'm making the "Windansea" hat from "Knitting in the Sun" out of Blue Ridge Yarns hand dyed linen in blues and purples. I'll be embellishing it with a crocheted flower. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home