Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, May 27, 2011

Embroidery, Needle Point, and Cross-Stitch

.
Thursday, I was invited to visit a stitching group and had a fabulous time! Wow! What a fabulous group of talented ladies!




Most of them were working on needlepoint or cross stitch projects of varying types and sizes. They were all beautiful!






There was even a punch embroidery project in the works (left). I've never seen a punch needle project in progress- it was fascinating to watch.

































One stitcher brought in a scarf she'd made with "Flamenco" - I just love it! She said that one skein of the yarn can make two scarves and they work up in about an hour on large needles. I just love how it looks!






I continued to work on my projects for a "critter swap" on Ravelry as well as the blanket I'm making for my cousin's daughter's baby. It's my cousin Deb's first grandchild, so I wanted to make something extra special! I chose the Louet "Christening Blanket" pattern and I just love how it's coming out! It's nearly done!



(Sorry....I can't post a photo of the critters I'm in the process of making as I don't want to spoil the surprise! As soon as my swappee receives them, I'll be sure to post photos!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home