Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, May 21, 2011

The Joy of Rug Hooking

.


My friend Jerry invited me to a "Hook-In" at her home and it was absolutely fabulous! There were many rug hookers in attendance and Jerry had all her Wool Junction bolt wools, hand-dyed wools and art wools, monks cloth, and patterns available for sale as well.




We congregated on her back porch - a gorgeous screened in room that overlooked the lush backyard...definitely greened by the prior week of rain! The weather was absolutely perfect - one could not ask for a more beautiful day!





















I had a fabulous time! Everyone's rug hooking projects were wonderful! Several folks had taken a class and were all working on the same project. They looked totally different depending on the colors used. I just love all the variations.









Some were making the same project, but with the variety of colors, everyone's was unique!








Aren't these projects fabulous?


















I was definitely inspired by all the lovely projects. Of course, I did a major bit of shopping while I was there. I picked up some additional patterns and lots of lovely wool for projects - including some quarter yards of Jerry's hand dyed art wool. Aren't the colors absolutely gorgeous???











While I was there, I started the sheep wall hanging kit that I purchased from Jerry about 1 1/2 years ago. (We don't want to rush into anything, eh?) The "Hook-In" was just what I needed to get me going! I had so many experienced rug hookers that were more than willing to answer any question I had. I even got some info one the Goose Creek Ruggers - a group I definitely need to check out! Perhaps if I join a group, I'll actually finish this project!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home