Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, June 12, 2011

WLAST - with the Blue Ridge Spinners and Weavers

.



I participated in the Western Loudoun Artist Studio Tour as a cashier for my guild. It was a lot of fun! I spent most of the day ogling all the incredible creations from our guild members, chatted with the visitors, and got a lot of spinning done!




I'm just amazed at all the talent that lies in the group! Check out all these lovely items!
































Of special note is the coverlet - a group project. There were 12 weavers involved with creating the squares. (Double click on the photo on the left to view the detailed write-up.) The squares that comprise this coverlet are beautiful - back and front. Chantal, a weaver and awesome seamstress, was tasked with putting the coverlet together. She did and incredible job and constructed it in such a manner that each square was visible from both the front and the back!

















I mentioned Chantal was a weaver...she's made incredible rugs from frame looms. Aren't the looms (below) fascinating? I think the rug (right) is gorgeous!!!


















Check out this rug....created from I-Cord produced with this "I-Cord Machine".




Here's another member demonstrating the art of Locker hooking. Check out these squares - produced using fabric strips and "locker hooked" in place. I find this technique fascinating!











I managed to capture "locker hooking in action" in the video below...

video

Dail, the owner of some incredible Alpacas that produce fabulous yarn was demonstrating the dyeing process.














Her dyeing "set-up" is shown below on the left. The end results are shown below on the right.













Of course, I managed to catch and action shot of Dail as well. However, the file is too large for this site, so I uploaded it to Flickr. It's viewable here: Dail's Dyeing Demo.

Ibbie spent the afternoon demonstrating weaving. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to get an action shot of the weaving process, so the still will have to suffice.











As always, I left feeling inspired...and ready to start some weaving and dyeing of my own!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home