Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hat and Piggy Bank

.

The "Wind and Sea" hat is finished! Wahoo! I'm going to re-do the edges as I'm not real happy with how it turned out. Plus, I need to stabilize the ends of the millinery wire - right now, I have the "incredible shrinking hat!"



I also finished my piggy bank. I knitted a "cozy" for one of my tea tins, cut a hole in the top of the tin, added a bit of red roving (for blood) and some felt fangs. I think it's the perfect prop for the addage, "A Penny Saved is a Penny Earned" - one of my entries for the Nerd Wars on Ravelry (very appropriate as I'm on "Team Bite Me"!)


My final project that I've been working on is a fulled bag. It's the "Dumpling Bag" and it's construction is quite unique. There's a short I-cord and a long I-cord and two plastic rings that you use to put the handles together. I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. However, next time, I'll either cover the rings or look for rings that are brown or wooden so they don't show so much.


Before fulling...










After fulling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home