Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, December 04, 2010

Jultrefest!

.




Saturday was the annual Jultrefest - our Sons of Norway Christmas party.







There was lots of food and desserts - mmmmm! One member even made some homemade Kringla...but I was too far back in the line, so I didn't get any. I'm sure it was delicious though!





We held a "mini-bazaar" at the festival as well...just in case anyone needed some last minute gifts! I managed to buy a couple of additional gifts - one from my mom and one for my cousins.
















This year, the Jul Nissan was the unsuspecting tenant of our group's president. He had no idea what he was getting into! He seemed to enjoy it though. The kids ALWAYS enjoy getting their gifts and treats from the Nissan.





We ended with lots of songs and a performance by the Norwegian Dancers from Maryland. We ended with the audience taking part as well - learning several traditional Norwegian dances. Most of the dances were accompanied by live fiddle music - the fiddler was awesome! It was a lot of fun! (I even managed to get some knitting in while watching the dance performance, so I'm almost done with the cuff of the first "Panda Silk" sock!)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home