Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Skuld is Done!!!

.
I finished "Skuld" at Wednesday night's "Stitch 'n Bitch"! Wahoo! Actually, I had 8 rows left (very short ones) and knit them up in about 5 minutes after I got home. It was a very quick knit. It's part of the heritage series of shawls by Anna Dalvi. There are three Nordic mythology inspired shawls in the first series and three season inspired shawls in the second series.

From Wikipedia: "Skuld (the name possibly means "debt" or "future")[1] is a Norn in Norse mythology. Along with Urðr (Old Norse "fate"[2]) and Verðandi (possibly "happening" or "present"[3]), Skuld makes up a trio of Norns that are described as deciding the fates of people. "

From Anna's website: "The Norns spin the threads of life and death. The shawl show the intertwined threads of all living things."

The unblocked version doesn't look like much. This is right off the needles and even has the "life lines" remaining. I've also included a closer view to display the pattern a bit as well as the subtle color variations that are inherent in the "Indescribable" colorway from Fearless Fibers.

I had a very hard time trying to get the entire shawl in a photo while blocking - if I took it from the end, it made the shawl look very distorted, so I got as much of it in the photo as I could, but it's not quite all there. The closeups of each side really show the design...I love it!













Two of my friends at the "Stitch 'n Bitch" had made some adorable stuffed animals. The first is a lavender bunny called "Sophie". It's an Ysolda pattern - and very cute! The second is a cuddly giraffe from the book, "Itty Bitty Toys" by Susan B. Anderson. Both are absolutely adorable! They said both were a bit fiddly to make, but I think the final results were well worth the effort!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home