Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, June 20, 2010

WLAST - Western Loudoun Artist Studio Tour

.
The Western Loudoun Artist Studio Tour (WLAST) was this past weekend. The Blue Ridge Spinners and Weaver's Guild (BRSWG) was at the Purcellville Train Station - Stop 19 on the tour. I had a great time demonstrating spinning on Sunday afternoon. Of course, any time I get to sit around spinning and talking about it is a wonderful time. Emily was busy weaving and Karen (right) spent the entire day spinning away while we chatted and demonstrated our crafts.


Of course I didn't just demo...I also shopped. I also had to buy some of the fabulous hand woven towels and placemats crafted by Emily, Beth, and Diane. I also purchased a couple Linda's of needle felting patterns.

These photos should give you an idea of the fabulous crafts represented....felting, weaving, knitting, spinning, rug braiding....and the list goes on!































Gorgeous "rug in progress"! Debbie is busily braiding away in three colors. The close-up really lets you see the beautiful colors.




Linda is putting the finishing touches on one of her felting creations. On the right are more of the fabulous woven items that "tempted me" all afternoon!





Ah....the looms - on the left- busily weaving. On the right, Beth is busy warping the loom for her next project.






Emily finished her table runner (shown on the loom on the left) while we were at the tour. Luckily, I got to watch her finish the edges first hand. I think that's why I love venues like this - I not only have a great time, but I typically learn something in the process! I now know how to finish the edge....if I could only get my first project off the loom!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home