Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, May 30, 2010

Blue Baby Blanket is Done!

.
I truly went into "warp-speed" to get this done. My cousin's son was born at the end of January, and I started this a while back, but REALLY took my time. I found that the knitting went very slow and I needed to concentrate a bit at first. It was just over 1/3 done about 1 1/2 weeks ago (May 19) and seemed to be taking forever! Unfortunately, I did a lot of "knit 8 rows, tear back 4" because I wasn't paying enough attention to the pattern. Knitting on circs also slowed me down.

I needed to have it done for today because I was hoping that my cousing would be at my DD's wedding shower so I could give it to her in person. She wasn't able to make it, but I did manage to give it to her mom (who sees her frequently), so it shouldn't be long before she receives it. I think she'll like it.

I was quite pleased with how it turned out. It's an Aslantrends pattern, but I didn't have the right colors in the recommended yarn, so I substituted Dale of Norway's Baby Ull. I doubled two different colors of the blue to give it a mottled/kettle dyed look that the recommended yarn has. The color is perfect for a boy or girl, so this blanket will be quite versatile. The pattern was actually very simple, but you need to "pay attention" and as I previously mentioned, it had to be done on circs. I knit VERY slowly on circs! (I'm definite a straights or dpn person!)

The pattern was quite nice and not difficult at all. It alternated between a basket weave and an eyelet pattern with seed stitch along the edges and between pattern changes. I'll definitely make this blanket again!



Ack! I just realized that I forgot to measure the final result! I think it was close to 36" x 36".

1 Comments:

  • At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Very nice! And I love the color & pattern!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home