Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Flowers

I finally managed to add the finishing touches to the felted flowers I made last week.

I embellished the crocheted flower using some embroidery floss and a vintage button that I thought was perfect for the flower center. I attached a pin back on the reverse side - now it can be worn as a lapel pin, shawl pin, or as an embellishment to a bag or tote. I think the next one I make will be pink....and maybe I'll do two layers for added depth.












Instead of using a knitting needle as the Peruvia Rose pattern suggested, I used a chopstick. All of my knitting needles are either in use...or "potentially" in use. I couldn't imagine dedicating one for use as the stem!






My creations pale in comparison to the flowers that I pass by in my neighborhood every day. I wish I could capture their beauty in a felted flower...







2 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anne Campbell said…

    Your felted flowers are lovely! I'm really impressed by the embroidery - I find that really hard.

     
  • At 3:43 AM, Blogger K @ Tidewater Knits said…

    Ooh, lookie at the felted flowers! So nice. (And the photos of real flowers are beautiful, too.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home