Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, April 08, 2010

Spring Blooms

I believe that Spring is my absolute favorite time of the year - all the flowers and trees are in bloom. Thankfully, I don't suffer from allergies, so I can truly enjoy the entire season.

My cherry tree "exploded" with blooms over a few short days. Below, this is what the top of the tree looked like on Easter Sunday with a closeup of one of the branches where the blooms are really starting to open up.










A mere 3 days later, and the tree has absolutely "exploded" with blossoms. The tree totally dwarfs my house when in full bloom!





















Of course, I had to check out my favorite neighborhood tree - the "Red Bud Tree". I just love how the clouds and the sky looked so vibrant and crisp! Oh...DH said we could probably plant one of these trees in our backyard - wahoo!!!!

And....not to be left out, the various flowers and blooms I found throughout my neighborhood.



















And finally...a soft sunset.....in subtle blues and pinks.



3 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anne Campbell said…

    Beautiful pictures! Your cherry tree in particular is absolutely spectacular. What a lovely color that is.

     
  • At 1:23 PM, Blogger Carola said…

    That cherry tree is absolutely amazingly pretty.

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Thanks Anne and Carola! Every year, I'm amazed at the number of blossoms on the tree. A couple of years ago, it was so heavy laden that we had to trim it...a LOT...just to get in and out of the garage. I look forward to the blooms every year.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home