Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, June 12, 2010

Hollyhock Ridge - It's done!

.
My absolute favorite color way of Sierra Quatro from Cascade arrived at Nature's Yarns this week. Four threads of pinks/reds are plied together for a fabulous over-all effect in this yarn - colorful and cheery! Of course, I had to buy an entire bag! (Any color worth knitting is worth knitting a LOT!!!). Anyhow, my quest was then to find the "perfect" pattern to showcase the yarn.

I found the Hollyhock Ridge shell in the current issue of Knitter's (Summer 2010) to be the PERFECT pattern. It did have some color changes for subtle stripes and scattered rows of garter stitch, but I decided to go with the plain-old-plain-old and just follow the pattern without the horizontal striping of through color changes and garter stitch rows.

The yarn is 80% cotton and 20% wool and delightful to knit with! It's soft and pleasant to the hand, and the finished garment is ultra soft and comfortable.

My "changes" (aka omissions) made this easy pattern even easier! With no color changes and no pattern variants, it was a fast knit in stockinette....with only armhole and neck shaping to contend with. Believe it or not, I started this last Saturday (June 5) and finished tucking in the last end on Friday night (June 11)! I loved the armhole and neckline treatments - simple garter stitch. I highly recommend this pattern - it's quick and easy...what a great way to embellish your summer wardrobe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home