Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Spinning event - complete!

.

I've completed my spinning event for the Ravelympics...all that's left is to update my data on the site. The total yardage of my two-ply yarn is 788 yards. The WPI is approximately 20, so it's quite thin - definitely a lace weight. I LOVE the subtle variegation!


My second event, the "Bag Jump" is over half-way there. I've made quite a bit of progress on the Haekelbeutel (Crocheted Bag). I've completed all 16 of the squares and have started sewing them together. I hope to have it completed this evening. Then, all that's left for the event is making the handle!

The final event is the weaving project...which I really haven't touched since the first full day of the Olympics. I hope I can get to that before I run out of time!!!

On Sunday afternoon, we went to Warrenton to visit DH's grandma. The roads are clear - for now, anyway! However, there was still quite a bit of snow dotting the countryside!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:35 PM, Anonymous Anne Campbell said…

    Your yarn is just beautiful! The color is that special kind that handspun can get ... lovely!

     
  • At 4:57 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Thanks Anne! I was very pleased with this yarn all the way around. I can't wait till this fall when I can get more of this lovely silk!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home