Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two More Finished Projects!

.
Wahoo! 2010 is definitely turning into the "Year of Knitting". I've just finished two more projects - that makes a total of 4 projects completed in January!

I made the Knitted Goddess doll as part of a Monthly Adventures swap. She was very easy and a lot of fun to make. I used the "Knitted Goddess Pattern" by Michelle Simkins and a partial skein of yarn that was left over from another project. I believe I used only about 50 yards of yarn to knit the goddess.

In completing this project, I did discover that I definitely need some lessons on embroidery! Even the simplest of stitches was giving me fits, so I just had to "wing it". I think she came out OK. She's a bit on the corpulent side, but that makes her more realistic, right? I'm calling her, "Hope of Spring".

I also finished a very soft and silky cowl for another Monthly Adventures swap. The pattern is called the "Wavy Feathers Wimple" by Caryll McConnell. I decided use Jagger Spun Zephyr - 50% Merino and 50% Silk lace weight - it's a very soft and lustrous yarn. My friend Carola had made a lovely cowl using this pattern and some handspun. It looked so beautiful that I was inspired to make one as well. The pattern is great and offers instructions for two sizes. Since I was using lace weight, I had to cast on 143 stitches, so my cowl took a bit longer to make than Carola's version.

The lace pattern is quite pretty and was not difficult at all. I'd definitely recommend this pattern to anyone that's wanting to get into lace knitting, but not quite ready to commit to a shawl or stole sized project...as long as they're comfortable knitting in the round.

I've also completed the first sleeve of my "Weekend Retreat Cardi" - wahoo! One sleeve and the button band to go and she'll be finished. Of course, I've started another pair of socks. This time, the socks will be a deep, rich burgundy and black out of Universal's "Ditto" sock yarn. I'll be using my favorite "go to sock pattern" - "Hellen's Favorite Socks" from Fiber Trends and the 2x2 rib. January has definitely been a great month for knitting progress!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home