Have Ewe Any Wool?

Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Surprise!

What a wonderful surprise I had when I got home from work yesterday! On my doorstep was a fabulous package from my SP13 Secret Pal.

Inside was a skein of merino/tencel yarn in the "Starry Night" colorway from Zarzuela's Fibers. There are 400 yards so there are a number of things I could make. The color is gorgeous and the yarn is so soft! I think I'll have to make a shawl or stole of some sort so I can snuggle into it.

My Secret Pal also included 4 oz. of superwash Merino in the "Starry Night" colorway as well as 1 oz. of Angelina. The Angelina is white and sparkles with lavender highlights that you can detect as you move it around.


I can't wait to start knitting and spinning with all my new goodies! Thanks SP!

By the way....today is St. Distaff's Day - back to spinning your flax and wool! St. Distaff's Day always occurs on January 7th and marks the end of the Christmas Holiday (yesterday was the "Twelfth Day of Christmas"). There's a good write up about the St. Distaff's Day by Maureen James - St. Distaff's Day.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh, BEAUTIFUL. Any colourway named after my favourite painting gets votes in my book.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home