Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Happy New Year! Welcome to 2009!

**************************
Happy New Year!
**************************
I wish everyone the best for a healthy and prosperous New Year.

This will definitely be an exciting year! We'll have a new President and hopefully a new direction that will begin to correct the current economic woes. Here's to a brighter future for all!
**************************
Resolutions
**************************
Now for the requisite resolutions....ah, yes, the dreaded resolutions. I definitely have a few.....
  1. Diets - yarn, fiber, and food. Yes, I'm committing to all three. (There will be exceptions made for retreats, spin-ins, and fiber festivals, but they will be a rarity, not a regular occurrence.)
  2. Continue my yoga practice - committing to a minimum of 10 minutes per day - good for both mental and physical health. (Of course, I plan to continue attenting regular classes as well!)
  3. Continue sensible fiscal habits (definitely a good idea with the current economy!).
  4. Continue finishing items from my ever increasing stack of UFOs (this will help with item 6).
  5. Eliminate toxic relationships - there are some people that are just toxic and will never change. I need to accept that and walk away.
  6. Continue working on organizing/decluttering.
  7. Read more - I'm not reading as much as I used to and I need to get back in the habit!
That's all I can think of right now. I think I had a couple of others, but they're escaping me for the moment.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy New Year!

    I have also made some resolutions to make my stash smaller and I'm not sad if I manage to loose some weight.

    SP13

     
  • At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy happy happy!

    Eliminate toxic relationships - there are some people that are just toxic and will never change. I need to accept that and walk away.

    Oh god, so do I. It's such a hard thing to do, though.

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger ColorJoy LynnH said…

    I already spent 2 years using up more yarn than I bought. Still have a lot, but in some areas I find myself short when I need to design in a certain category (DK yarn that is feltable, or Worsted that is washable, for example). So then I buy.

    I used to knit along with my students in each class. Now I relize that especially in small classes I don't make an income if I do it that way. So I use student projects to demonstrate with in more classes now, and it works fine.

    I don't feel a need to stop buying but I do pay much more attention to what it is I'm getting and for what. I tend to buy for a specific project more often, and I don't buy much that I can't specify in a published pattern for yarn shops to sell. Special items are not useful to my business, unfortunately.

    I've been spinning in the last few months, though. Love it so much, and the yarn is not anything I can spec in a pattern. Not sure how I'll deal with that over time, but for now I'm slowing down on the spinning. Otherwise I'll just decorate with baskets of handspun all over the house and call it decorative!!!

    The toxic people thing is excruciating. It's not like you don't care, so letting go is like a death of a dream, like a divorce. Huge loss stuff even when it's good for you.

    I went through this heavily about a dozen years ago. I must say that my life is just full of incredible people now, who really do love me just as I am. It's a great place to be.

    All support from this corner in that rough place you're in. Worth the pain, I promise you. There are so many wonderful people who will not drag you down, who will be equal and loving. Go for the life where those words describe those around you.

    LynnH

     

Post a Comment

<< Home