Have Ewe Any Wool?

Sunday, December 28, 2008

A Few Special Gifts

I was very spoiled this Christmas - lots of fabulous gifts - including a new camera from DH (that I've yet to finish figuring out how to use!). It has enhanced stabilization and should make it easier to take good pictures. DD got me a couple of really fabulous camera cases for my new camera in addition to a number of other gifts. DH also got me a Turkish Coffee set - I can't wait to use that - I just LOVE Turkish coffee!

DD really went all out and I still have more on the way! Unbelievable! I got the book "Making Mathematics with Needlework", the "We Rogues of Wool" tote bag, and some adorable "lambie slippers" - I just love them! They're so soft and cuddly! They're almost too cute to wear!

My friend Lisa made me a gorgeous purple scarf from a very rich Asian fabric. For some reason, both the camera and my computer screen show it as a blue, but it's actually quite a lovely deep purple. The design includes some Foo Dogs. It's just gorgeous! I love it!

I even managed to work in some knitting over the holidays. I finished my "Opal" socks on Christmas morning. Wahoo! A finished object. If I could just finish stitching together my "MaggiKnits" blouse I'd have another finished object.










I then started on some gorgeous socks using Helen's Lace sock yarn in turqoise and purple. They feel soooo soft! There's a big difference between the wool in the Opal sock yarn vs. the merino wool in the Helen's Lace sock yarn.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi
    I really like your blog - I am just geting into blogging and I'm looking at other knitting blogs to see what I can learn!
    I have just set up a new business www.giftinatin.com and I am using all UK wools which are either hand dyed or beautifully naturally cream! I've got some lovely Alpaca just now which is really popular and have some brown which has just gone away to be spun - can't wait to get that back - any ideas for some lovely projects with some chocolate brown Alpaca? Leave me an e-mail on www.giftinatin!
    Thanks!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home