Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, January 01, 2009

Spinning, Spin-Ins, Yoga, and the New Year

I wrapped up 2008 by finishing a second bobbin of grey/lavender/purple roving (I can't remember if it's Merino or Rambouillet, but it's soft). Actually, the bobbin was already about 1/2 full...I just had to finish it off. I then plied together two bobbins worth to make a couple of two-ply skeins - a 2.7 oz. skein and a 4.4 oz. skein. I finished right about midnight - give or take a minute or two. So, I toasted the New Year with some champagne and some fabulous new yarn!

This morning, I started the New Year with a 2 hr. yoga practice called "Jump Start Your New Year With Yoga". It was a wonderful practice and a great way to start off the New Year! Also, January is "World Yoga Practice Month" - aka WoYoPracMo. There's an on-line group to help you keep focused too! Take a look and join if you'd like - WoYoPracMo. You only need to commit to a minimum of 10 minutes of yoga per day!

This afternoon, I continued my "New Years Celebration" at a Spin-In out in the country. The journey itself was wonderful! It was a crisp, clear, winter day with a gorgeous blue sky and lots of calming scenery to view along the way. (Just click on the photos for a larger view)











The Spin-In was fabulous. Lots of spinning, good food, good company, dogs, chickens, ducks, a barn kitty, Finn sheep, a little lamb, and bunnies. And yes, in case you're wondering....I did buy some angora, but that's a "special" treat for me and is covered by the special exception mentioned in my resolutions in my previous post.















The ridge you see is part of the Appalachian Trail. The photo was taken from the back deck of our hostess's home. What a great view she has!


As I packed my spinning wheel into my car for the ride home, I noticed the gorgeous sunset...which just happens to be the view out of her living room. Such a lovely view!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:51 PM, Blogger Mia said…

    Spinning in the country? What fun! The fuzzy little animals are sooo cute :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home