Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, January 16, 2009

The Norwegian Embassy




Once again, DH and I were invited to the residence of the Norwegian Ambassador as a "Thank You" for helping with the Norwegian Christmas at Union Station. The Ambassador and his wife are very interesting folks to chat with and I always enjoy visiting with them.



I had a fabulous time. Once again we were treated to fabulous food and desserts. There were shrimp, mini-meatballs, tortilla cups with chicken and salsa, deviled eggs, stuffed mushrooms, quiche, roll-ups, stuffed tomatoes, carrot cake, a browned sugar cake, and a very decadent bitter chocolate dessert. I only captured a photo of the initial spread and a view of the very warm and welcoming fireplace.









In addition to the fabulous spread of food, the Embassy Players performed an Ibsen play, "Hedda". It was an very abbreviated version, but still wonderful. It was definitely a very a special treat as I've never seen and Ibsen play before. I thoroughly enjoyed it...and now, want to see the full version! (It's a good thing I enjoyed it as I was seated next to the director!)

I never managed to capture the Ambassador and his wife together, so DH and I posed for pictures with each of them individually. The director of the play actually took the photo of us with the Ambassador.


The US Naval Observatory Master Clock display was directly across the street from the embassy, so I captured this shot while waiting for the bus. Of course, DH couldn't resist checking his watch to see how accurate his watch was - LOL!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home