Have Ewe Any Wool?

Thursday, January 08, 2009

Knitting Progress and Plans

This year, I'm really trying to make progress on my UFO's and unfinished projects in addition to adding new projects to "stash bust". So far, I think I'm doing quite well!


I've finished the first Lorna's Laces Sock and am well on my way on the second sock. I'm probably about halfway through the cuff. I haven't yet "tucked in the ends" of the first sock, but the knitting itself is complete.


The scarves I made for my parents have now been washed and are currently blocking. It's part of their Christmas gift. They weren't going to be home at Christmas time, so I took my time putting the final finish on. I definitely need to get them in the mail by Saturday so they can get some use out of them this winter.

I'm about halfway through spinning the lavender Finn that I received from my SP13 Secret Pal - it's very pretty! I hope to have a skein to show sometime this weekend.

Yesterday, at Reston SnB, I asked for opinions from everyone on which color combination I should use to make the "Vineland Mittens" (a gorgeous design by Javajem) Green and Pink, Pink and Purple, or Green and Purple. The final decision was Green and Purple. I can't wait to get started on these! Thankfully, they're done in worsted weight yarn, so it should knit up quickly - I DEFINITELY want to wear them this winter!

Oh...and I was gifted by surprise with a skein of gorgeous purple Malabrigo by my friend Susan. The purple is so deep and the yarn just gleams! I love it! It's just the right amount for a Swallowtail Shawl as well. I think I want to add beads to the lower edge like my friend Kathleen did....but I may end up beading the entire thing. She told me about another girl that made a gorgeous shawl in blue Malabrigo and beaded the entire shawl. Hopefully I'll be able to see a picture of it to get an idea of how densely to bead it.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful yarn all around. You are really quick with socks. Sigh - someday.

     
  • At 8:30 PM, Blogger ColorJoy LynnH said…

    It sure looks like my stash. Are you sure you have the right photos???

    Gorgeous colors... you knew I'd say that!

    Happy New Year,
    LynnH

     

Post a Comment

<< Home