Have Ewe Any Wool?

Monday, January 12, 2009

.....And the Spinning is Done!


I finished spinning and plying the final bundle of hand-dyed Finn from my SP13 Secret Pal last Friday. Ah...the purple goodness!


The "family" of colors I've made from these skeins just needs the perfect project now. There's a total of 4.8 ounces of yarn:

Grey & bluish-purple mini skein - .4 oz.
Bluish purple skein - 1.9 oz.
Purple skein - 2.5 oz.

I've also made some progress, though not much, on my "Vineland Mittens". The pattern is just gorgeous! I can't wait to finish them! I had shown the pattern to my friend, Kathleen and she's real interested in seeing how they come out. She'll always be asking "how the mittens coming along?". That means that I won't be able to get lazy and not knit...she'll make sure I keep making progress!

Evidently, Kathleen has really taken off with her weaving skills. I'm definitely going to be a bit jealous once I get to check out her progress on some hand woven dish towels! (Shades of my friend Kay who has also made a LOT of weaving progress.) I haven't had the pleasure of seeing any of Kathleen's finished "woven objects" just yet, but I'll definitely get to see some next weekend! Perhaps that will be the "push" I need to get my first scarf off the loom!

4 Comments:

  • At 5:39 PM, Blogger Gwen said…

    I really like the purple and green. I think that has a nice pop!

    Gwen

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Beautiful yarn and I too am anxious to see the finished mittens, they're very pretty so far!

     
  • At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    <3

    Pretty, pretty spinning. And so much of it being purple makes it even more fab. =D

    You've probably mentioned this before and I missed it, but what kind of wheel do you spin on?

     
  • At 10:38 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    I spun these on a Louet S-77 (It's similar to the S-75, but has a darker stain.) Sometimes I spin on an Ashford Elizabeth and other times on a Lendrum folding wheel.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home