Have Ewe Any Wool?

Saturday, April 07, 2007

A Very Strange Week




Mother nature really threw me for a loop this week - tanks and shorts early in the week and snow today. Not much snow, but still, snow in April! I love this shot of my neighbor's weeping cherry....dusted with snow.




Thursday was bright and sunny and looked very "Spring-like". The buds on our cherry tree are FINALLY starting to open! But then, today, that same tree was dusted with snow!












I haven't had much time at all to knit! I have managed to get a bit of knitting in BEFORE going to work, but not much.

My "big" accomplishment this week was to make a pair of booties....and ship them off to a friend in the UK (along with some other goodies). She's expecting her first baby, and since she doesn't know if it's a boy or a girl, I made my favorite booties in white and then made both pink and blue ties....that way, no matter what she has, she'll have the appropriately colored ties!

I've made very little progress on my beaded scarf......translation of "very little" = No progress (Argh!!!!!). I know that once I get going again, I'll quickly finish up the first half.....and once that's done, I'll be motivated to finish the second half. I just have to get over that hurdle!

I did manage another row on the Swallowtail Shawl....but it was a very painful row. I finished two rows, but had a major "flaw", so I tore back one row. After re-doing it, it was still wrong. I tried it once more. Finally, I decided to actually count my stitches (what a novel idea!) and found I was 4 stitches short. So, I ripped back and re-knit the previous row a total of 6 times before I got it right! That took 2 mornings! ARGH! If I keep this up, I'll NEVER have a completed Swallowtail Shawl!

3 Comments:

  • At 3:07 PM, Blogger Kai said…

    A dusting of snow is so very pretty... but I think I prefer to watch snow from inside and through the window!!!! :-D

     
  • At 3:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'd love to see pictures of your Swallowtail Shawl. It's on my list of "lace to do" and I'm interested in seeing it being knit.

     
  • At 4:15 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    Um.....I'll try to post a picture.....problem is, I'm knitting it on "straights" not circs, so it's a bit "bunchy". Hopefully, I'll be able to get a picture that shows the detail a bit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home