Have Ewe Any Wool?

Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The Parasol Socks are Done!

I finished the Parasol Socks - Kay's design! Wahoo! I used Fleece Artist merino - I was thrilled that I had a skein of the yarn recommended by the designer! My socks are fairly dark in color, so it may be hard to really see the design. If you "click" on "Parasol Socks" above, it will take you to Kay's free pattern page and you can see what the socks look like in a lighter color.

Anyhow, here's a shot from the side on the stairs as well as a "self-portrait" of the front....it looks like I got my left sock on a bit crooked.....oh, well.










Other Knitting:
I've managed to complete another repeat (6 rows) of "Budding Lace 2" section of the Swallowtail Shawl for a total of 10 repeats. I need a total of 14 repeats for that, so I'm almost there. I'm up to 147 stitches on the needles and I just attached my second skein using my favorite "join" - the "Russian Join". Then, it will be on to the next section of the shawl - "Lily of the Valley Border 1".

I also completed the first sock of the "Sweater Socks" by Blue Sky Alpaca. They are cozy bedsocks that are a bit longer than my usual socks and have a "half cable" pattern. I'm using Plymouth's Suri Merino (white) instead of the Blue Sky Alpaca Merino. They knit up VERY fast as you only cast on 40 stitches and are knitting on size 5's! This satisfies my occasional need for "instant gratification".

Spinning:
The weather has been absolutely gorgeous the past 2 days, so I've spent a bit of time spinning some white Blue Faced Leicester on my deck - in shorts and a tank top! Yes....it's not even the middle of March, but with the temps in the mid 70's and low 80's, it was just too tempting. Finally, after dinner, I'll be joining several of my spinning buddies for even more spinning!

6 Comments:

  • At 3:37 PM, Blogger Nic said…

    I feel so lazy compared to you. How is the BFL to spin? It is so popular, yet I haven't come across it. If you have a source, send it my way. Though I do love my corriedale.

    The socks are sooo pretty. I need to start knitting more socks now that summer is here. I should try to get weirder looks than I already do knitting in Vegas.

     
  • At 11:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your socks are wonderful, and I love all of your pictures. I can hardly wait to start spoiling you with some great stuff!

     
  • At 3:09 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    those socks are fabulous! on my to-do list...

    and i can't wait to see your swallow tail!

     
  • At 11:31 AM, Blogger Lindsey said…

    Your socks look great, and it sounds like you're busy with other awesome projects, too. I just got the pattern for Swallowtail and am looking forward to it!

    Yay for nice weather--I sat outside with flip-flops on yesterday doing some knitting. But today it's grey and rainy...and supposed to snow tonight! :-(

     
  • At 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Eee, look at them! They're loooooovely. That blue is fabulous.

     
  • At 7:57 AM, Blogger Lizardknits said…

    The socks are gorgeous!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home