Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, February 16, 2007

Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy!


What a fabulous day! I went to the mailbox today and inside was my little package from Village Spinning and Weaving with the repair part (shown at left) for Louie ! These folks were FAST! I ordered it on Monday.....they're located in California....and it's here already! (Keep in mind that we've had a TERRIBLE ice storm here on the East Coast between the time that I ordered and now....and my order STILL got here quickly!) I must say that I'm very impressed with the fast, accurate service that I received - I'll definitely "shop" there again!

Remember the "Creamsavers" yarn from my previous post? The dyed locks at the left were what I used for the pink and the purple. I tried to keep the basic colors in tact so they'd be either mostly pink or mostly purple when I selected the locks, then I picked out the VM, flicked the locks open (if needed) and carded them in preparation for spinning. I just love the "Wild Orchid" colorway!

AND.....I finished my sister's Alpaca bed socks! Wahoo! I even got them mailed off this morning! No more cold feet for my sis! Here's what they look like - both "off the foot" and "on the foot". Sorry about the "odd" angle....it's hard to both "model" and "photograph" - as many of you know first hand!










I even found some time to work on my Swallowtail shawl! I've now completed 7 rounds of the Budding Lace 2 part of the pattern! It's really starting to shape up....and I've almost finished my first ball of the Baby Silk yarn!

Now it's off to repair Louie so I can finish my skein for Spin-to-Knit!

3 Comments:

  • At 12:41 AM, Blogger Nic said…

    I remember going to Village SPinning in Solvang! It is a tiny little shop in a tourist town which makes it so suprising that that was where you went but such a turn around!

     
  • At 4:23 AM, Blogger Jinann said…

    LOL! All I can say is that we now have proof of the addages: "Good things come in small packages"....AND...."Looks can be deceiving".

     
  • At 7:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I looked, I looked!

    Late, of course, but I looked! I'm sure your sis will be very glad to warm her tiny toes.

    Cheers, Karen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home