Have Ewe Any Wool?

Friday, February 02, 2007

M is for Mom

Today is the one year anniversary of my knitting and spinning blog! I can't believe it's been a year already, but it has! Time really flies when you're having fun!

On to my current knitting progress. I had already finished knitting my mom's scarf out of the blue multi-colored merino that I'd spun, so I FINALLY got around to weaving in the ends as well as to washing and blocking it. Here's some photos of the progress:










Above are the photos of the unblocked scarf. I thought that since it was for Mom, I'd get artistic and "pose" the scarf in an "M" shape.....thus the title of the post, "M is for Mom"!













I blocked the scarf (above) to be about 10 inches wide. You can see both the full scarf as well as a closeup. I really like how the slight variations in color show up in the final scarf....I think it gives the color a bit of depth. I see that I was not very good about keeping the "lines of the scarf" straight while pinning it for blocking, but I did make sure the sides and ends were straight.

Finally, I started my Swallowtail Shawl on February 1 as planned. Karen, Carol, and I are doing an "informal" Knit-a-long for this. My shawl is being made in light purple Baby Silk (80% baby alpaca, 20% silk) that I received from my SP9 secret pal way back in early December (Thanks again Aimee!) Not much progress so far, but I have completed the first pattern and the first round of the second pattern in the shawl. Stay tuned for periodic updates.....

1 Comments:

  • At 3:25 AM, Blogger Kai said…

    Happy Blog Anniversary!!

    And I'm liking the colour of your Swallowtail.... :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home